Ever since I heard this song, I have been hooked on to it….the words fit so perfectly into the music, I love the way there are so many words, but the song does not sound crowded….and especially the second part has such beautiful sounding words like jireh (provision), sulah (compromise / to make up after a fight) , wajah (reason), subah (morning) …that just fit in…I dont know what came first the music or the lyrics, but they sound like made for each other….kuch to hai inmein raabta 🙂
1.Kehte hai khuda ne is jahan mein sabhi ke liye,kisi na kisi ko hai banaya har kisi ke liye
2. tera milna hai us rab ka ishara maano,mujhko banaya tere jaise hi kisi ke liye
3. kuch to hai tujhse raabta , kaise hum jaane humein kya pata ,
4. tu hamsafar hai , fir kya fikr hai , jeene ki wajah yahi hai marna isi ke liye
5.Meherbaani jaate jaate mujhpe kar gaya, guzarta sa lamha ek daaman bhar gaya,
6.tera nazaara mila, roshan sitara mila, taqdeer ki kashtiyon ko kinara mila
7.sadiyon se tarse hai jaisi zindagi ke liye, teri saubat mein duyaayein hai usi ke liye
8.tera milna hai us ……
9.Faili thi siyaah raatein aaya tu subah leke, bewajah si zindagi mein jeene ki wajah leke
10.khoya tha samundaron mein tanha safina mera, saahilon pe aaya hai tu jaane kis tarah leke
11.kuch to hai tujhse raabta….kaise hum jaane humein kya pata …kuch to hai tujhse raabta
12.ab kya hai kehna humko hai rehna jannatein bhula ke teri baahon mein panaah leke
13.Sa ni sa dha dha , pa dha ni sa ni ga pa ni sa sa ni sa re ma ga re pa ni ni …..eeee
14.meherbaani jaate jaate mujhpe kar gaya, guzarta sa lamha ek daaman bhar gaya
15.tera nazaara mila roshan sitara mila,taqdeer ka jaise koi ishara mila
16.roothi hui khwahishon mein thodi si sulah leke, aaya tu khamoshiyon mein baaton ki jireh leke
17.khoya tha samundaron mein….
Sometimes I feel the beauty of the song is lost in my attempts to make a literal translation of the song. But this is to all those people who do not understand urdu/hindi …just so you know what the song is all about 🙂
1.They say that god made sure there is someone somewhere for everyone in the world,
2.and that we met seems like a sign from god, that I have been made for someone like you.
3.There is some relation between us, I dont know what it is though
4.But if you are by my side, I have no worries, your are the reason I live and I would even die for you.
5.The moment when I saw you, that moment as it passed filled my life with blessings.
6.When I found you, it felt like I found my star, that my fate wnadering like a boat (kashti) found its banks
7.The life I have been longing/praying for , for all my life, I pray I live that life with you
8. Same as 2.
9. i was spending my life was amidst dark (siyaah=black) nights,when you came with a morning, you gave a purpose to my aimless life
10. My boat(safina) was lost in the seas, I dont know how you brought me to the shores.
11. same as 3.
12. Now there is nothing left to say, I do not wish for heaven anymore, I want to spend the rest of my life taking shelter in your arms
13. Musical Notes
14. Same as 5.
15. When I found you, I felt like I found my star, felt like a sign from destiny (that you are the one)
16. You brought hope to my lost wishes, and provided words to my silence
17. Same as 10.
Yea I know the translation does not make it sound that different from other songs, but the music and the original lyrics do… here are the youtube links to the song!